Thursday 13 December 2012

The Environment

Re - Modelling the Environment 

Unfortunately i am now re-modelling the environment as we weren't happy with the way the original environment looked, as the airfield and harbour weren't modelled using the maps we researched at the start of this module.

I am using the previous bump texture and using soft selection to give the land a more of a gradient as the last land was flat with the water.



I then modelled the harbour with the picture i researched in week 1 which gave all the locations of the american vessels. I made basic low poly harbour and add a concrete material, i then copied the grass gradient from the airfield and place it around the harbour to form the land, and adding another plane with a concrete texture to cover the gap. I imported chrissys hospital and place it by the harbour so that i can be seen from the harbour calm scenes.


I am pleased with the end result of the environment, it was just unfortunate that i had to remodel it which put me behind on my own models and scenes.

Environment Renders

 





I added the daylight settings to the environment and changed the location to Honolulu, and the time of day to early morning. Annoyingly every time i rendered a scene the horizon kept showing a black line, so i researched online for an answer as nobody could help me, i found an answer, by changing the colour amount the horizon blends with the sky.


No comments:

Post a Comment