Thursday 13 December 2012

P40 Warhawk - Second Model

Continued Modelling

Once the element was mirrored and attached to the other half, i welded the vertices and added wheels and a nose cone,  and then began adding materials which was more complex than the first model as i need to use the uvw unwrap tool which we learnt in week 3.


I added all the other materials to the plane and gave each material a specular level of 30 to make it shine slightly like metal.

UVW Unwrap

The UVW Unwrap tool is a technique i only learnt a couple of weeks ago, and i am still unsure how to use it, so i have followed various youtube videos to help me.



I firstly selected the area i want to add the material to, and gave it a material ID. I then chose UVW Unwrap from the Modifier drop down menu which highlighted the area with a green edge. I then clicked on edit and scaled the shape down to fit in the box. I then clicked on tools > Render UVW Template, and saved the image.

I opened up photoshop and imported the saved image, i also imported the image i wanted on the UVW mapped layer. I then created a new layer and deleted the inside of the UVW template, and copied across the teeth image. I then saved the image and reopened 3ds max.




I found this image online of the teeth and eyes used on the p40, this has made it alot easier as i can copy and paste the teeth straight onto the template, instead of me spending the time making them in photoshop.





I then opened the material editor and imported the teeth file saved from photoshop, and applied the material to the area.


I repeated the process for the USAF logo and the eye.







Final Renders






No comments:

Post a Comment